Saturday, July 14, 2012

The old man


Just finished the book apali manasa (आपली मानसं )just want to reissue the book .. for that going to my library…actually I am in mood of the book I had read.
 manasa this book written by anil avachat…
After reading this book I knew  that how lucky I am to be that not born in family where children have to struggled in life when the came out from the mothers womb!!!
And seriously I will think 100 times before I am going to say that ‘I had done very hard work and I am tired now!!!’.
Every one should go from this book as to know that what society means …..What are the problems of People living in slums and people we called as ”garib” ….
Just reach the library in this thought and reissued my book … and came out and see that an old man pushing a cart which is loaded with the vegetables …..Yelling with is weak throat…this man around his 70’s having at the age of my grand father..Selling a vegetables at this age where people generally called as ‘pension age’  . his whole face was full of  wrinkles …its not a good scene at all for me to watch…….
As I passed across him I remembered that I have to get some vegetables to home ..so went him I took the necessary…..while giving him the money I asked that old person “ baba kay milkat aste divsachi?”(what is the approx income of day)…
150 to 200 answer the old man !!!!!
Is that enough???(Wrong question stupid!!!!Money never enough…don’t you know!!!)
How it could, but can sustain in this……  old man replied
We are happy with this ,  god is taking care of us… continued the man…
A person having 3000 to 4000 Rs income per month standing in front me telling me he is happy…and god is with him…India…India…India….
I really felt ashamed that we are in society where 4000 is someone’s month income and 4000 is someone’s dinner bill in that so called STAR restaurants…..
I don’t have a words to express the feeling at that moments with that old man ..returned to my bike with vegetable  in one hand and book in other ,I just see the book which is written by a sudha murthy
Titled as”THE OLD MAN AND HIS GOD”  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment